Effective April, 2018
Welcome to shareitworld.com. We value your privacy, and want you to know what information we collect and what we do with it.
From time to time, we may make changes to this Policy. We will endeavor to
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We have several areas where members can submit information to us, and we also have features that automatically collect information from our members and other users.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US.
We have certain areas where we ask you to provide information to us:
* Registration. You may register with us to use some of our member only features on our site. We may also offer the option for you to register with us or sign up for our mailing list without having to use any other product or service. During registration, you provide your “contact information” (which identifies you and how we can contact you, such as your name and email address) as well as certain demographic information (which describes certain information about you, such as your country of residence). You may be asked to enter a e-mail address and password. We may also ask you to provide additional information about your music preferences, so that we can cater to those preferences. The registration information that you provide will be reflected in the “My shareitworld” section of the service.
* Communications from Us and Mailing Lists. In order to keep our members informed about the operation of our services, we will send e-mails and announcements that are needed for the proper functioning and administration of our site and subscription service. For additional information about our site, services and offers, we give our members the option of joining our mailing list. We also allow you to choose whether to receive mailings from partners and sponsors that we think will be of interest to you. You can always change your options in the “My shareitworld” section of the site under the “Edit Profile” subsection. Each marketing e-mail from us will come with instructions for how to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
* Communications with Us. We have features where you can submit information
to us (such as when contacting us with a question or problem related to the service). We will retain your emails and other information you submit to us for our internal purposes, and to help us to serve you better.
* Communications with Friends. Our site may also have certain features that allow you to send information to others (such as via a “Tell a Friend”, “Mail a song”). We will use the contact information you enter for your friends only to send the email, and then we will delete it from our system.
* Interactive Features. We also may offer interactive features, such as message boards, chat rooms, etc. Note that all personal information you send or post via such features becomes public information, and we are not responsible for any information you choose to make public (including any online identifier, such as an email address, instant messenger name or member name). We may store such information in an aggregate form but we will not file or retain such information on a personal basis. We may monitor such traffic via electronic software or personnel but only to check for obscenity, defamation or other types of abusive language, which we reserve the right to remove at any time.
* Contests and Sweepstakes. We may also have contests or sweepstakes at our site, or in partnership with one or more of our Affiliate Sites or sponsors. When you enter contests or sweepstakes at shareitworld.com or one of our Affiliate Sites, we request contact information from you, such as your full name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number. We will use the information you provide for our internal purposes, to communicate with you and to conduct the promotion (for example, to contact you if you have won). If we intend to use the information you provide for other purposes, we will so specify as part of the sweepstakes or contest sign-up procedures. When we partner with Affiliate Sites or sponsors in offering contests or sweepstakes, we may share (provide and receive) information with them.
* Surveys. We may occasionally ask members to participate in surveys. Such surveys will be voluntary. They are intended to improve your member experience and any information you provide we may associate with your member name for future use. Any personal information collected will be used only by us unless we specify otherwise, although we may share aggregate survey result information with others.
Information transfer and storage
Depending on your location, data transfers may involve transferring and storing your information in a country other than your own. You are entitled to learn about the legal basis of information transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by us to safeguard your information. If any such transfer takes place, you can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with us using the information provided in the contact section.
The rights of users
You may exercise certain rights regarding your information processed by us. In particular, you have the right to do the following: (i) you have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your information; (ii) you have the right to object to the processing of your information if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent; (iii) you have the right to learn if information is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the information undergoing processing; (iv) you have the right to verify the accuracy of your information and ask for it to be updated or corrected; (v) you have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your information, in which case, we will not process your information for any purpose other than storing it; (vi) you have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your Personal Information from us; (vii) you have the right to receive your information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that your information is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent, on a contract which you are part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
The right to object to processing
Where Personal Information is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in us or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, you may object to such processing by providing a ground related to your particular situation to justify the objection. You must know that, however, should your Personal Information be processed for direct marketing purposes, you can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether we are processing Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, you may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Privacy of children
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personal Information through our Website or Service. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information through our Website or Service without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us through our Website or Service, please contact us.
We may display online advertisements and we may share aggregated and non-identifying information about our customers that we collect through the registration process or through online surveys and promotions with certain advertisers. We do not share personally identifiable information about individual customers with advertisers. In some instances, we may use this aggregated and non-identifying information to deliver tailored advertisements to the intended audience.
We secure information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of Personal Information in its control and custody. However, no data transmission over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed. Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that (i) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (ii) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and our Website cannot be guaranteed; and (iii) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third-party, despite best efforts.
In the event we become aware that the security of the Website has been compromised or users Personal Information has been disclosed to unrelated third-parties as a result of external activity, including, but not limited to, security attacks or fraud, we reserve the right to take reasonably appropriate measures, including, but not limited to, investigation and reporting, as well as notification to and cooperation with law enforcement authorities. In the event of a data breach, we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected individuals if we believe that there is a reasonable risk of harm to the user as a result of the breach or if notice is otherwise required by law. When we do we will post a notice on the Website.
Changes and amendments
Acceptance of this policy
You acknowledge that you have read this Policy and agree to all its terms and conditions. By using the Website or its Services you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Policy, you are not authorized to use or access the Website and its Services.